Skip navigation
rub1919
Currently Being Moderated

add music

Mar 31, 2013 3:23 PM

why icant, add my music from my itune, it wont, let me. anybody know how to???

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 31, 2013 3:29 PM   in reply to rub1919

iTunes contains some DRM (Digital Rights Management, otherwise known as "Copy Protection") in some of its music.

Apple has loosened some of the restrictions, in later versions, but one should be able to use the old workaround to use iTunes music:

1. In iTunes, create a Playlist with the desired music.
    2. Burn that Playlist to a CD.
    3. Rip that CD to PCM/WAV @ 48KHz 16-bit in an audio-editing program. I use Adobe Audition, but think that the free Audacity can do that, as well.
    4. Import that WAV file into the PrE Project.
    5. Drag to the Timeline.

What happens when you use Get Media>Files and Folders, navigate to your particular iTunes song, and attempt to Import it?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2013 3:30 PM   in reply to rub1919

You might want to take a look at this recent thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1181496?tstart=0

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2013 3:54 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hey Bill I was wondering if you might be able to help me in a similar situation?  I have no problem adding music from my Itunes to my project, but when I try to upload the video to Youtube, or store it on my computer in movie form, the audio doesn't come with it.  Any ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2013 4:04 PM   in reply to CDSchlack

Maybe I can help.

Many users (for several versions of PrE now) have encountered issues, when Audio files are placed onto either of the Fixed Audio Tracks, Soundtrack, or Narration. These issues appear to be Project-centric, in that things work well in one Project, or work well for a period of time in a Project, and then the problems arise. When they do, most of those users have found that just by Moving their Clips from one of those two Fixed Audio Tracks, to a free "regular" Audio Track.

I have never had an issue with either of those two Fixed Audio Tracks, but after many began reporting their issues, just stopped using them - that could well explain why I have never encountered it. As I use PrPro most often, and there are NO Fixed Audio Tracks - just regular ones - that is my habit anyway.

Try Moving those Clips to a free/empty regular Audio Track, and test.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2013 4:10 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Giving it a shot in audio track 2, lets hope it works.  Thanks for the advice.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 5:15 AM   in reply to CDSchlack

Also note that YouTube has become much more aggressive about blocking copyrighted and copy-protected music and video. We're seeing more and more reports of videos posted to YouTube in which YouTube censored the audio because someone used music from iTunes or other copy-protected sources.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 8:47 AM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

Steve,

Very good and important point. Besides YouTube, Vimeo, and other video-hosting sites are doing the same.

Most such sites are under increasing pressure from ASCAP, BMI and other rights holding organizations.

Once, YouTube was rather laissez faire, "hands off," regarding music, or images. Then they began requiring citations for origin/rights, and now they just do not allow © material (usually with a little disclaimer about it), at all.

That is another reason that I rely much more on SmartSound, or original music, that are either Royalty-free, or for which I can secure usage rights.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points