Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Missing Audio in Exported Video

Mar 31, 2013 4:35 PM

Tags: #missing #audio #tracks #itunes

I have tried exporting a video several times to Youtube directly and also to my computer; so I could later upload it to Youtube.  I kept the audio from the original video clips and also added in a song from Itunes.  I have no problem hearing the audio from both the video and audio track within Elements 11.  However, when I try to share the video on Youtube, or save it on my computer in video form, the audio is missing or there is just a clicking/buzzing noise.  I have attemped to transfer the audio to a different audio track (such as from audio 1 to audio 2), but when I try to export it, the audio is still missing.  I have been working on this for several hours now and am getting very frustrated.  Any help?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 31, 2013 4:40 PM   in reply to CDSchlack

>added in a song from Itunes

I have read reports that itunes adds DRM copy protection... is yours a non-protected file?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2013 5:06 PM   in reply to CDSchlack

Did you place the iTunes file onto either the Fixed Narration, or Soundtrack Audio Track? If so, as a test, Move the Audio from whichever of those you chose, and place it/them onto a free "regular" Audio Track, such as Audio 2. Does that get the Audio into your YouTube file?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2013 5:20 PM   in reply to CDSchlack

OK, MP3's can cause issues. Take a look at this article: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4146900#4146900

Apparently, we have ruled out the Fixed Audio Tracks: Soundtrack and Narration, but I would still use the converted MP3's on a "regular" Audio Track, just to keep things easy, and not to introduce any potential issues with those two Tracks.

Good luck, and thank you for reporting.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2013 5:58 PM   in reply to CDSchlack

My fingers are X'ed for you too.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2013 7:29 PM   in reply to CDSchlack

I am unaware of any Adobe use of DRM, though it would not be unheard of, such as with Vimeo, YouTube, etc.. DRM is most often a form of Copy Protection, invoked by the delivery source, iTunes in this case.

Still, can you use that iTunes workaround, mentioned above?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 31, 2013 8:36 PM   in reply to CDSchlack

OK, you have an Audio CD w/ the CDA format. That will not be recognized natively. Now, rip that CDA with an audio-editing program, like Adobe Audition, or the great, free Audacity, and Save_As a PCM/WAV @ 48KHz 16-bit, and THAT file WILL be recognized, and will Import perfectly.

You are almost there, good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points