Skip navigation
EvanL03312
Currently Being Moderated

problem with keyframe effect - at start and end (crop and scale)

Mar 31, 2013 5:46 PM

Tags: #flash_images #keyframe_effect_problems #missing_video_layer

I'm having this odd problem with keyframe effects.

Setup:

I have a gif image that I have on video 1 for say 2 minutes.

I have my real video on video 2.  It is a person talking.

First I start with my video full size on top of video 1.

Though the motion and cropping keyframe management I slowly reduce the scale and crop my video image so that it is reduced to the lower left bottom of the screen, on top of the gif, which is now revealed.

My problem is at the start and end of the transition from full video to small box on lower left on top of my gif I often get 1-2 frames where the video goes blank and/or I get a bunch of random red bars on black background appearing on the video - Or I get the gif from video 1 without the video 2 at all (it disappears).

I've tried moving my start of end of the transition to skip the bad spots - but these new transition starts or ends not get their own bad spots in the same way.  Its only a couple of frames but it's really unacceptable for the finished video.

Note, when I say transition here I don't mean real transition events, but rather the start of effects that are managed with keyframes.  My move from start to end of the effect runs for about 4-6 seconds.

Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 31, 2013 6:02 PM   in reply to EvanL03312

Interesting, and I do not notice anything wrong in your statements.

Can you post a few screen-caps?

First, a screen-cap of your Timeline, with the various Clips showing, would be good.

I would also post a screen-cap of the GIF and the Video (a Freeze Frame from it).

Then a screen-cap of the Effects Control Panel, with your applied Keyframes.

There might be a clue in there.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points