Skip navigation
lesmax128
Currently Being Moderated

how do i delete file names showing up that no longer exist? thx

Mar 31, 2013 8:41 PM

I have bought Groupons that convert to PDF files. Once I print them, the file name remains on Adobe Reader X. I can't figure out how to delete these. The file itself is basically empty. Can't figure this out and I don't see any way to delete the title. I don't use PDF myself and have no idea what to do to delete. Most stuff, I can right click, scroll to delete and it's gone. Not so on Adobe !!! Just want to clean up the computer. These files have been printed & used - they need to go !!!!

Thanks for any help

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 31, 2013 10:01 PM   in reply to lesmax128

These are basically the list of "recent" files; they don't disappear when you delete the files they point to.

You can delete all recent files using tools like CCleaner.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 3:21 AM   in reply to Pat Willener

I'd personally advise against using any kind of cleanup tool, however. They frighten me.

It's just the most recent five file names used. Many, many programs do this. If it bothers you so much, open five more!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 6:02 AM   in reply to lesmax128

You can also change the number of recently used file in the Preferences to a smaller number like 1.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 10:29 PM   in reply to Test Screen Name

Test Screen Name wrote:

I'd personally advise against using any kind of cleanup tool, however. They frighten me.

Don't be fightened of CCleaner; it's benign.  And it can be tailored to do exactly and only what you want.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points