Skip navigation
Sheryl Lupian
Currently Being Moderated

Printing Elements 11

Apr 1, 2013 3:09 AM

Why be my color management settings in Elements 11 (I choose Elements 11 to control) overrulet in the last dialogbox? Epson R3000 take over. Impossible to change this dicision! (Printing from the old Elements 9 is perfect, and it's working perfect!)

Please help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2013 4:14 PM   in reply to Sheryl Lupian

Photoshop Elements doesn't have the ability to disable the color management settings within your Printer dialog. That has to be done by you. You are simply telling Photoshop Elements what you plan to do, it cannot do it for you.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 8:48 AM   in reply to Sheryl Lupian

Yes, exactly. Photoshop Elements cannot disable the color management features of the printer driver. You will have to do that in the printer's settings. How it is done, I could not tell you, you may have to speak with the printer manufacturer.

When you choose the option to let Photoshop Elements manage colors, all that means is that it will send the image with it's colors modified by the selected profile to the printer. What the printer does with that information after that is beyond the control of Photoshop Elements.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 8:49 AM   in reply to Sheryl Lupian

What operating system, Jörgen?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 9:48 AM   in reply to Sheryl Lupian

Then Brett N is right. Recent versions of OS X don't let you disable color management completely, only to choose between colorsync and the printer's own management. Generally you will probably get better prints by letting the printer manage colors than you will by double managing (letting both elements and the printer manage colors).

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 9:54 AM   in reply to Sheryl Lupian

Sorry if I wasn't clear. It's nothing to do with one version of PSE vs another, but rather with OS X. It should not be any different in PSE 9, not really.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points