Skip navigation
gls04222009
Currently Being Moderated

How can I point the premiere to a blank folder and bring only the files needed for the project

Apr 1, 2013 4:38 AM

When I start premiere it loads all files from all my photo/video libraries (app 150 gb almost 20,000 photo).  I do not want to sort thru all these files for a project.  How can I point premiere Elements to a blank folder and get the appropriate media for a project as I

need them.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2013 5:07 AM   in reply to gls04222009

Are you sure you're not looking at the Elements Organizer?

Premiere Elements will only include the media files you've added to your project.

Which version of the program are you using and which panel shows all of your media? Pre-version 10 versions of Premiere Elements displayed the Organizer's media list.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 9:02 AM   in reply to gls04222009

As I said, under the Organizer tab in version 7 is a display of all of the media files in your Organizer's catalog -- every file you've edited in Photoshop Elements and potentially every media file on your computer. (As you add files to your project, it will display on the most recently added.)

These are NOT the files added to your project! The media added to your project are displayed under the Edit tab wehn you click the Project button.

These very confusing file displays were re-thought in version 10, in which only the files actually added to your video project are displayed in the program.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 8:41 AM   in reply to gls04222009

As Steve points out, there are really three programs in the Premiere and Photoshop Elements "suite," PrE, PSE and then Organizer, which links between the two, and is an Asset cataloging program. Because of the commonality of the GUI (Graphic User Interface), there can be confusion as to exactly which program one is in.

If you launch just PrE, and not Organizer (can be launched from within either PrE, or PSE), the only Assets/media that you will see is that, which you have Imported into your Project.

Also, having the Assets for a Project, in a separate folder, or folder structure, is a great way to set up the Project. This article goes into details on one set up method: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4491450#4491450

Good luck, and hope that helps,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points