Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot see photos in Elements 11 organiser

Apr 1, 2013 6:45 AM

Tags: #not #files #showing

I was working on some photos, and I saved the psd file, and a worked on jpg. I think I initially was saving them as version sets, not knowing as I do now that version sets are just a way of totally confusing you. Now they're all individual photos and the PSD isnt there, but a jpg version of it is. The worked on photo isn't there either, yet n Windows Explorer botht he psd and the worked on file are clearly there.

If I go into editor and open the psd which is showing in Organiser, and try to create a copy of the worked on file, it says it already exists, even though it doesn't show in Organiser.

Head ready to explode,  even Lightroom wasn't this bad, Adobe have reached new heights in un-intuitiveness.

Can anyone help?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2013 7:02 AM   in reply to howmanypigginnamesdoitry

Please make sure that version set is expanded in Organizer. If not click on '>' shown on images to expand the version set.

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2013 2:04 AM   in reply to howmanypigginnamesdoitry

The folder is shown greyed out as Organizer is unable to find that folder which is because you renamed it. To remove the greyed out folder, select the folder, select all images shown in grid and press 'delete' key.

To answer your question, Elements don't have 'synchronize command' similar to Lightroom.

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2013 1:19 AM   in reply to howmanypigginnamesdoitry

As far as I know both Organizer and Lightroom follows the similar approach. That is they maintain a database for tracking images. Neither of them stores image. The images are always there on hard disk drive.

As you have moved folders from Lightroom, In Organizer they (folders/images) will be shown missing. To reconnect them, please follow steps mentioned on the blog: http://psekb.blogspot.in/2013/03/how-do-i-reconnect-missing-files-in.h tml

Please let me know if you need more info on it.

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2013 3:31 AM   in reply to Andromeda14

Any updates on this one?

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)