Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PDF's will not print images when exported by CS6 InDesign

Apr 1, 2013 8:43 AM

Tags: #creative #printing #cs6 #cloud #export_pdf #"indesign

I have moved over to the Creative Cloud CS6 from CS4 & CS5. But I have noticed when I print PDF's I exported form CS6's InDesign, images are distorted. The rest of the PDF is fine, but not the images. It will only print if I print from InDesign. Others also get the same result when printing these PDFs, and they do not have Creative Suites. Another person here is having the exact same problem as I am.

I tested by printing a CS4 file, "saving as" and opening in CS5 file, "saving as" and opening in CS6. The CS4 & 5 exported PDFs are fine, but the same file opened and saved in CS6 is distorted.

I have tried this on all interal Color & B/W printers and am getting this, but outside Print Vendors have no problem.

Does anyone have any idea?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 2:51 AM   in reply to kjrodgers1

Do you see a distortion on screen in the PDF? Are you using Acrobat, reader, or some other viewer to print the PDF?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 7:14 AM   in reply to kjrodgers1

Can you post one of these PDFs someplace and put a link here (or send me a link in a Private Message)? I'd like to see waht happens here on my printers. That looks like the image data is corrupt, but it's a little hard to believe it could be that way and dsiplay correctly, so it might be happening during the print.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 7:40 AM   in reply to kjrodgers1

Prints great here from Acrobat 9 pro to my OKI C110 (PCL) and Xerox Phaser 7800 (Postscript 3).

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 8:30 AM   in reply to kjrodgers1

It prints here from Acrobat X as well....

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2013 2:32 AM   in reply to kjrodgers1

Has anyone got any further with this issue? I'm encountering exactly the same thing since moving over to the CS6 Cloud and have narrowed it down to my printers drivers. This issue shows using a Canon printer running the PS Driver. The only way to avoid it is to use the UFR Driver. I hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
  • jmlevy
    481 posts
    Oct 30, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2013 2:51 AM   in reply to dioddave

Prints perfectly well from Acrobat 9 or XI, on 2 different printers: Xerox WorkCentre 7545 and Canon C5045i

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2013 8:53 AM   in reply to kjrodgers1

Hello,

I have got exactly the same problem.

I see, you have got Canon C4580, we have got IR C4080. Exactly same output - bitmaps in PDF disorted.

It happens with PostScript driver, not with UFR driver.

What I have tested:

1. All available Canon PostScript drivers (4.7, 4.8, 4.9, 14.00), no joy.

2. Win7 / WinXP 32bit / 64bit - no joy.

3. Canon serviceman - He says, there is no newer PostScript firmware for this device - no joy.

4. We have got new Canon C2025 now - there is different PostScript module - it prints these suspicious PDFs just fine!

Conclusion: I guess there is something new in PDF in InDesign CS6, which is not going well with Canon ImageRunner machines with some particular PostScript module. Fiddling with PDF I have found it has something to do with CMYK profiles.

Jan

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2013 5:36 AM   in reply to kjrodgers1

We use a Canon IR C3380 and see exactly the same issue here.

However I seem to have narrowed it down slightly furtner to certain types of image or certain types of image compression causing the artifacts / scrambed images. Also if an image is rotated or not makes a difference.

If it is a CS6 issue then it's a CS6 issue when combined with a Canon postscript printer driver. Before the Canon we had a Konica and everything printed fine. As stated above the UFR driver prints fine, but colours etc are not accurate enough.

I've tried setting up printers using Canons postscript driver installer or using the old school merthod of creating a printer using a PPD. Same problems with each.

We experience the issue wether it's a PDF we've made here out of CS6 (printing directly from InDesign is fine) or wether it's a PDF supplied form a printer (soft proof). 

Printing PDFs from Apple's own preview app works fine though....  so thinking about it further it has to be Adobe PDF / Canon IR combined problem.

I really need to get this sorted - hoping someoine can shed some more light on the issue.

Stef

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points