Skip navigation
William J Casper
Currently Being Moderated

CS5  bridge photo downloader

Apr 1, 2013 10:30 AM

Why does the photo downloader close all of the image files from which I am selecting files for downloader once the selected files have been donloaded?  I have to then start again, and wait for all of the image file thumbnails to once again open.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2013 10:41 AM   in reply to William J Casper

Hi there! Because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I moved your question to the Bridge General Discussion forum, where you'll get more specialized help.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 11:53 AM   in reply to William J Casper

Just a guess, but program assumes after you select and download you are done.  Images should be deleted when you put card back in camera (format) rather than with downloader.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 1:11 PM   in reply to William J Casper

I download all the pictures I want then move to another folder if needed after the fact.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2013 1:12 AM   in reply to William J Casper

It would be much more effecient to use the bridge photo downloader with the options of selecting a specific folder and custom name for the images being downloaded.

I can only confirm your concern about the lack of development regarding Photodownloader. It has much potential but needs improvement to make it a key feature for us photographers.

The slow building of thumbs is one of the major flaws. Sadly enough since it was introduced Photodownloader has not changed a bit (and while Bridge is now 64 bit, on my Mac APDL still proofs to be 32 bit…)

Meanwhile a faster workflow would be like Curt provided, download the lot and use Bridge filter panel and date created sort option to move them in to separate folders. At this moment that is a much quicker workflow then restarting and selecting the files in APDL every single time you need a different folder :-0

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points