Skip navigation
surfboy23
Currently Being Moderated

Question on Drizzle

Apr 1, 2013 1:57 PM

Hello, Im new in After Effect CS6 Im working on a project whichIm stuck on. I treid to find something close to what I need help on in tutorials but no luck

so I decided to come here for help.

So here is what Im stuck in, I designed an image in Photoshop CS6 and brought it in After Effects I wanted to add rain then following CC drizzle effect so that

the image I designed looks like the drizzle is hitting the character shoulders and arm area.

So this is where I need help as I add the drizzle effect I have some areas around the charcter that  the drizzle is also hitting how do I remove the unwanted drizzle effect areas ?

I tried eraser tool but that did not work unless Im doing that wrong.

The last thing Im having touble with, how do I get my audio sound effect ( rain sound ) to play at the same time as the rain fall effect and drizzle effect all at the same time?

Hope someone can help me.

help on project.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2013 2:42 PM   in reply to surfboy23

Duplicate thread removed.

To restrict the visible areas of the Drizzle effect, you may need to precompose your layer with the effect applied, and then mask the areas you don't want to see.

Th hear audio in After Effects you need to generate a RAM Preview.

You should spend some time with the Getting Started tools available.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 2:52 PM   in reply to surfboy23

...ant then, there is also this: do you want the drizzle to bounce off your subject?  Or do you want some of the drizzle to be absorbed?  And in different parts of the subject's body?

There are typically many, MANY more things to be considered before the new AE practitioner is ready to go.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 3:38 PM   in reply to surfboy23

Sorry, we all appreciate the compliments, but we're not much closer to understanding your problem.  Can you try again?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 1, 2013 6:11 PM   in reply to surfboy23

surfboy23 wrote:

I just want to remove or eraser the unwanted CC Drizzle effect thats around my person in the image.

It sounds like tyou want to tke a layer of your person (which you can do by precomposing) and use it as a track matte for a layer to which you've applied CC drizzle.  Sound okay?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 4:34 AM   in reply to Dave LaRonde

Try this. Use the pen tool to create a shape layer that exactly covers the area you want to apply your drizzle effect to. Set the fill to exactly 40% gray and set the blend mode to overlay. The shape layer will now effectively disappear. Now apply drizzle to the shape layer and adjust the settings.

To even make the effect more effective make the shape layer a 3D layer and adjust orientation to match the plane you want to have the drizzle effect applied to. Now adjust the path so that it fits the outline of the shape. There you go. EZ as pie.

If you have a moving subject you want to get wet with the drizzle effect then use a copy of the footage and roto brush to generate a mask. Track the motion of the surface. Use this masked copy of your footage as a track matte for a 3D 50% gray solid layer you've rotated into position on your scene. Apply the motion tracking to a null attached to your 3D layer. There you go. Rain drops with the proper perspective following the action.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 5:04 PM   in reply to surfboy23

Post a still frame of your video showing the person you want to use and I'll try and show you how to set it up. It's not going to be fancy but it will show the steps.

If you have an example frame from another video or a photograph that you want to emulate it would even be better. Personally I don't think the CC Drizzle effect is good for much more than rain ripples on a wet street or on a smooth body of water like a pond. Rain hitting a person is a completely different visual effect.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 6:22 PM   in reply to surfboy23

Is maybe best and faster if someone can make just an easy quick tutorial

Easy and fast for you, maybe!  :-)  Not so easy for the professionals who are giving up their time free to assist you.

There's plenty of good advice in this thread already.  Have you tried it all?  You haven't really said so in any of your posts.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 10:54 PM   in reply to surfboy23

Total time for me to make a simple tutorial is usually about an hour. A tutorial with audio, about 4. A tutorial based on nothing more than a vague description "on  having an graphic image of a person having rain and drizzle effect into image." could take hours because there are hundreds of possibilities and the chance for me to give you what you want is astronomical.

The total time to take a sample image and apply some kind of rain falling on the image effect and provide a screen shot and a simple description, about 10 minutes.

Post an image or find an example of what you want this effect to look like and I'll try and come up with something. You're not going to get anything like these images from a quick Google image search with CC Drizzel but you could come close to achieving this effect with AE and a few tricks given enough time and the right source material.

Screen Shot 2013-04-04 at 10.49.05 PM.png

The problem is that without some kind of reference I have no idea what you want your composite to look like. You could be asking for this:

Screen Shot 2013-04-04 at 10.52.56 PM.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points