Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Color Range command in Photoshop CS6 13.0.4 no longer works after update

Apr 1, 2013 2:13 PM

Tags: #photoshop_cs6 #color_range #13.0.6

I just updated to 13.0.4 at the end of last week.  Today I went to use the Color Range command and it will not select any colors.  The Eyedropper tool works fine.  Adjusting the fuzziness and other options doesn't make a difference.  Nor does selecting multiple instances of a color to add to the selection.  Since I use this command regularly,  I feel confident that it is a bug with the update and I would love to hear of any possible fixes.  Or, is it possible to downgrade back to 13.0.3?  I didn't realize how much I used this and it's a major inconvenience. 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2013 11:51 PM   in reply to drcaw

I feel confident that it is a bug with the update and I would love to hear of any possible fixes. 

Some people, when encountering unexpected behaviour in Photoshop, seem overly prone to use the term »bug«.

Have you performed the usual trouble-shooting routines (trashing prefs by keeping command-alt-shift/ctrl-alt-shift pressed while starting Photoshop after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences you’ve changed, 3rd party plug-ins deactivation, system maintenance, cleaning caches, font validation, etc.)?

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels and Dialogs visible?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points