Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Need advice on Multi-language subtitles and looping

Apr 1, 2013 4:37 PM

Hello,

I am making a DVD that will have a 90 minute video and a 10 minute intro video

I will have multiple languages with the same music track for the same 90 minute video. ( the 90 minute video will be beautiful scenery)

So the music will be the same but i will create different languages audio tracks.

So i want the Italian audio track to play with the 90 minute video when they click on the Italian button in the menu.

I will have about 8 languages

What i would like to do is have the italian video be able to loop over and over... or just play once

I want this same thing to happen with ALL the other languages for this one 90 minute video.

I have a sense of how to do most of this but my mind is not getting the whole picture

Now here is where it gets a bit sticky here for me.

I would like to be able to keep the video playing over and over...and for AUDIO to play another language... either in order or randomly or the possibility of both as options.

Can this be done? If so...any ideas on how i might do it

On the 10 minute intro video. I will be doing an explaination of a process in English and i have different translators doing subtitles.

Most don't seem to understand the in and out points of the text or have the Adobe software. But there are a few who do.

So i was thinking of hiring the one who knows this and import their text files that places them in the time line and then just putting the other languages in the exact position below it....then sending the  exported video to the translators to make sure they are on the video long enough and in the right place.

This is my first time doing this and this is the best i can figure out the process right now.

Any ideas, tips , tricks etc.. Would be very well appreciated!

Thanks!

Soshman

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2013 3:37 PM   in reply to Soshman

On a deadline. I'll try to check back day after tomorrow.

The easy part is that each language/audio track must be the music and the language; the music can't be on its own separate track.

Random selection of numerous audio tracks is golng to be tricky.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points