Skip navigation
shabsxu
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 has stopped working

Apr 1, 2013 5:28 PM

Tags: #cs6 #windwos7

I've checked out some threads for other issues for this error.

Windows 7 64bit running CS6.  It has worked fine in the past, but all of a sudden, encountering this issue.  I've cleared the preferences and saved data manually, but no luck.

Windows Event viewer:

Faulting application name: InDesign.exe, version: 8.0.1.406, time stamp: 0x50335e39

Faulting module name: SUPPORT FOR JAVASCRIPT.RPLN, version: 8.0.0.370, time stamp: 0x4f72caab

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00020334

Faulting process id: 0x1fec

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce2f384b0a9d44

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS6\InDesign.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS6\Required\SUPPORT FOR JAVASCRIPT.RPLN

Report Id: bbfcd0ee-9b2b-11e2-aa8c-9c9fe439507d

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2013 3:25 AM   in reply to shabsxu

Check this,

Have you run the 8.0.1 update for InDesign? if not, please update your application.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 9:27 AM   in reply to AMreso

The error message shows that the exe file has been updated but that the faulting module was not properly updated. Sounds like it's time to uninstall, run the cleaner tool and reinstall.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 1:04 PM   in reply to shabsxu

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 5:36 PM   in reply to Larry G. Schneider

I just checked, and that particular plugin is not updated with the 8.0.1 patch, so that's not the problem (though reinstalling may still be in order).

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 5:52 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

Thanks for the work, Peter.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 5:54 PM   in reply to Larry G. Schneider

No biggie. Just wish I had a clue what the root cause is.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 1:15 PM   in reply to shabsxu

Unfortunately it's required for ID to run. I have a feeling Java may not be properly installed on the computer. Let's try re-registering the jscript.dll file with the OS.

Go to the  Start button, then choose Run...

In the command line field type regsvr32 jscript.dll (there's a space between the two parts), then click OK. You should get a success confirmation, and you can't hurt anything if it's already registered and you do it again.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 1:26 PM   in reply to shabsxu

Yes, but we're getting outside the kind of advice I'm comfortable giving here. It's possible to screw things up even more.

I think this probably qualifies as an installation issue, which means you should be able to call Adobe tech support and get some help from them for free (and they have access to more information than we do about what might be doing this).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points