Skip navigation
kuhnscreations
Currently Being Moderated

play sound on mouseover and mouseclick

Apr 1, 2013 8:21 PM

Tags: #dreamweaver #sound #mouseover #behaviors #mouseclick #playsound

I have buttons on my website. I want them to swap image and play sound  on mouseover and mouseclick. Dreamweaver has a behavior for swap image, and it used to have a behavior for play sound but they took that away after cs5 and I have cs6, so does anyone know the code I can manually enter and where I'm supposed to enter it? I'm an idiot when it comes to computer languages so can you just give me the exact code that I can copy and tell me where to paste it. the sound file I want to play on mouseover is images/button a.wav, and the sound i want to play on mouseclick is images/button b.wav. thanks for any help

ps

I also know the sounds  can be annoying to some people so is there a way to aslo a make a mute button for just the button sounds(i have videos that have required sound that I need to play), if so could you tell me how

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2013 8:32 PM   in reply to kuhnscreations

Hi kuhnscreations,

Check out this tutorial and let us know if you still need help.

How to play a sound on click or on mouseover

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2013 10:53 AM   in reply to kuhnscreations

I loaded your sound into my browser by itself and it appears the file itself has a slight delay, you'll need to use an editing program to cut that "dead air" out.

Also, run your page through the validator here: http://validator.w3.org/

You have quite a few errors in your html that could cause you some grief further down the road.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points