Skip navigation
steve02091962
Currently Being Moderated

horizontal lines in photos when I create PDF document

Apr 1, 2013 6:00 PM

PDF problem.jpgI am getting horizontal streaks on about half of the photos I insert into a Visio document when I convert it to a PDF.  I am using Acrobat 9 Standard.  Windows 7. The document is created originally in Visio.  I tried to access Adobe support, and they pushed me to the Forum.  I am trying to create a press release quality document, and can't possibly use this.

Message was edited by: steve02091962

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2013 2:18 AM   in reply to steve02091962

I am assuming you are using OFFICE 2007. You might note that the photo has likely been spit into multiple images, apparently something being done by OFFICE. I had this problem when OFFICE 2007 first came out and tested with OFFICE 2003 -- no problem there. It was a result of the latter system. I would suggest you try creating the PDF with the MS plugin for PDF creation and see if that cleans up the photos. I don't have a good solution, but am pointing to the issues I have seen.

VISIO has also been a major cause of problems. It was a product that many people swore by until MS bought it and messed up several parts.

OK, I am giving you an opinion, but it is at least addressing some of the work arounds with the MS plugins. Let us know if you reach and better answers or solutions.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points