Skip navigation
Theomat67
Currently Being Moderated

How do I change icons to text in the Control Panel?

Apr 1, 2013 9:09 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to follow along with a video at Lynda.com on AI CS6.

However, in the video, Deke McClelland is showing the TEXT "Align" on the top Control Panel.

On my screen, it's not a text, but a small icon. When I click it, I don't get the same options he does.

I've searched and searched and can't find how to get MY screen to look like his. I have even tried to "Reset Essentials" (the workspace he's using) and still no luck.

Please help.

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2013 10:33 PM   in reply to Theomat67

The control bar will alter appearance of elements based on allowable screen size. If you have enough room, the entire (or most) of the panel options are shown right int he bar. If you have some room, a text link is shown. If you are operating on the lowest possible screen resolution, an icon is shown.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2013 9:24 AM   in reply to Theomat67

The align panel in the control bar is dependent upon the setting. For example, if you have one object selected and align is set to "Align to Selection" you will only see an icon. However, click the icon and change it to "Align to Artbaord" and you should see all the align options.

I think I may have had the order reversed a bit previously. On the smallest screens only a text link is shown. My guess would be the lynda videos are often shot with a laptop and a small screen.

As far as I'm aware, you can not change whether the Control Bar shows icons, or text links short of reducing your monitor resolution.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points