Skip navigation
mikecox_
Currently Being Moderated

Labeling all images in a stack; when all images are stacked

Apr 1, 2013 11:17 PM

Tags: #stack

A long time ago, when I was using Photoshop Elelments I found a plug-in that made it possible to work with stacks as a unit. 

If I labeled the top image in the stack that lable was applied to all the images in the stack; then I could sort the the image on top and all the images in the stack would stay together, or if I deleted an image in the stack all the images in the stack were deleted.  Without it I have open each stack I lable and apply the lable, so when I sort the stacked images they stay together.

I don't remember where I found that plug-in and I'm sure it would work in Photoshop.  Anyone else use it and know where I can find it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 1, 2013 11:48 PM   in reply to mikecox_

I suspect »stacks« in Photoshop Elements are something quite different from Photoshop’s »Stack Mode«.

and I'm sure it would work in Photoshop.

So I doubt that this would work in Photoshop.

Maybe you should focus on Bridge.

then I could sort the the image on top and all the images in the stack would stay together,

What does »sorting one image« mean?

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,051 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Apr 2, 2013 8:25 AM   in reply to mikecox_

Lightroom does not layers....

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    6,051 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Apr 2, 2013 12:22 PM   in reply to mikecox_

I do not use Lightroom when you wrote "Stack" in Photoshop that refers to the layer stack.  The link you posted seems to be more about paring files.  I do not know much about lightroom except it organizes your images using logical databases. Lightroom calls this its Library system.  I know the book libraries have book stacks so it would surprise me that Lightroom had some type of stacks.  You started by stating when you used PSE you used something to manage stacks.  I thought now the you are using PS you needed something for it.  This thread most likely belongs in the Lightroom forum.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points