Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Object layer options in InDesign not working when I revise my file in Photoshop?

Apr 1, 2013 9:24 PM

I have placed a layered photoshop file on multiple pages in my InDesign document. The photoshop file has a folder for each page that I can turn on in InDesign with object layer options. This works well until I revise the photoshop file in any way. When the photoshop file changes, InDesign updates all of the versions of the placed image to some sort of default, no longering recognizing the object layers I chose before revising the file. I've tried both "update link options" at the bottom of the dialog box to no avail. Any suggestions? I am using CS6, version 8.0. Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2013 2:48 AM   in reply to bdm1000

Normaly the link must updated (Link Panel) automatically.

If not click on the "Update Link Button". If this does not work (I experience here sometimes problems on Windows) close the document and open it again. This should show you a message that some links are out of date and you can update them.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2013 5:03 AM   in reply to bdm1000

In the Object Layers Override dialog for each instance have you got it set to preseerve the current layer visibility on relink?

Object Layer overrides.png

That should work UNLESS you change the number, naming or ordering of layers when you edit. If you do that ID no longer knows whaat to do and always uses the current layer visibility in the saved file.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points