Skip navigation
stuck-fast
Currently Being Moderated

Keywords in Bridge & Lightroom

Apr 1, 2013 11:00 PM

Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of keywords that can be used in Bridge/Lightroom?   Bridge seems to just keeps adding the keywords and keeps all of them together, whereas Lightroom only has the keywords associated with a catalogue.

I have a feeling I might be approaching a maximum and this is causing my problems with the corrupt files in the Cache.

It may also be I had let the Cache become too large.

Thanks

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2013 1:28 AM   in reply to stuck-fast

Bridge seems to just keeps adding the keywords and keeps all of them together, whereas Lightroom only has the keywords associated with a catalogue.

Keywords created in Bridge are stored in an xml file (on my Mac the path is: user/ library/ application support/ Adobe/ Bridge CS6 / Adobe Bridge Keywords.xml

But you can also use the tiny menu icon top right of metadata panel to use the option to export as a text file for back up purpose (and import also).

Can't imagine that there is a limit on the amount of keywords other then the storage space on your computer. but having said that, you already would have an endless list to exceed the space of an ancient floppy disk

Don't know how LR handles these list but can't image they store it in the cache.

Bridge Cache contains only the cache for thumbnails in different sizes, I dump this on a somewhat regular base if it has grown to large.

Applied keywords are stored in the files itself (including a DNG file) or in case of Raw (and having set the option to save metadata in an xmp side car file) in this side car file.

The central database is not the same as the central cache so dumping cache only needs an action to recache the thumbnails.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points