Skip navigation
ovonel454
Currently Being Moderated

Help on Lightroom 4 raw import please

Apr 2, 2013 6:11 AM

Tags: #lr4 #lightroom4 #raw_converter

I have just started to use LR4 and have stumbled at the first step. I keep my original raw files (from Nikon D70s(listed as supported by LR4)) as my negatives. If I process changes to the negative (lighing, colour,sharpness etc) I create a new file using the original filename with a "p" suffix. When importing into LR4 these "p" files, converted to DNG or copied as is (with and without "embed raw file" ticked) are not being processed; ie all I am seeing is the negative image before the changes I applied in Nikon Capture NX2.

As I have several 1000 of the files I want to convert to LR4 then that is a bit of a problem!

Is there something in the LR4 setup I need to do (having gone thought the Settings option there is nothing obvious to me) or does LR4 ignore these changes?

Chers, Pete

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2013 7:20 AM   in reply to ovonel454

It seems like you are implying "If I process changes to the negative (lighing, colour,sharpness etc) in Capture NX2...", but that's not what you said, you didn't mention Capture NX2 at this part of your description.

So, is that what you mean?

If that is what you mean, you must save the edited photos from Capture NX2 as TIF files, with the changes baked in; and then import those into LR.

Alternatives would be to do all of your editing in LR (much simpler workflow!) and then this problem goes away

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points