Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Flash Cs6 spinning wheel every five minutes or so? Not auto-save

Apr 2, 2013 12:26 PM

Tags: #adobe #flash #cs6 #wheel #cursor #spinning

Why does Flash Cs6 give me a spinning wheel about every five minutes?

It is strange because the spinning wheel causes Flash to be 'not responding' for about 15 seconds, but then the wheel goes away and it is fine. For a while I thought this was the auto-save, but then I changed the auto-recovery period under preferences to every 15 minutes- and I still keep getting this spinning wheel every 5 minutes.

Or could there be another location that I need to change auto-save, aside from the general tab of preferences?

Thanks very much for any help,

Jeff

Replies
  • kglad
    72,228 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2013 5:52 PM   in reply to jeffjb28

shutdown flash and restart your computer, then restart flash (with no fla opened).  any problem?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 10, 2013 8:18 AM   in reply to kglad

Yes, I am having the very same problem and it's making me crazy. I don't have auto-save activated (as far as I can see,) so I don't know what this is all about. It does come at measured intervals and it's really disruptive.

Restarting is not a cure. Perhaps it's a hidden setting somewhere or a misguided preference, but not something I've been able to find.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2013 12:27 PM   in reply to jeffjb28

I'm getting it no matter what the file size or complexity. I have only one scene, maybe 40 symbols, but many single frame drawings over numerous layers. If the issue is that it's overloading Flash, then Flash is getting worse in its design and functionality for animation, not better. Working with the same file in Flash 8 doesn't cause this problem at all.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2013 11:20 AM   in reply to jeffjb28

Did someone resolve this issue? Is it dealt with on another forum? I have the same problem with Flash CS6 on Windows 7.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2013 11:49 AM   in reply to katie_D1D

hi katie - I found that the spinning ball pause comes from 3 things:

1) having "Auto-Recovery" on in Flash preferences. It's found under "General," near the bottom.

2) having "Auto-Save" on in the individual document's composition settings.

3) the more complex the file's contents, the more noticeable and long this auto-save or auto-recovery becomes, sometimes turning into a significant pause in the work flow.

I've found that Flash CS6 isn't too stable and crashes  often enough to be a problem, so I've given up and left these save functions on. I'm up-to-date with my updates, and it's still a crashy-software.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points