Skip navigation
TedCarson
Currently Being Moderated

I get a shared technology error when trying to install Preiemeire Elements 11 .. suggestions ?

Apr 2, 2013 2:08 PM

Tried several methods but, being somewhat technologically handicapped, I can't get by the shared technology error when installing?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2013 2:53 PM   in reply to TedCarson

Windows or Mac... and which version operating system (ie Windows XP or Vista or 7 or 8 ???)

Downloaded program or disc

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 3:23 PM   in reply to TedCarson

Welcome to the forum, Ted,

Here's an older "Shared Technologies" thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3155897#3155897

But, I am not sure that we were ever able to help the OP, and they never reported back with the responses from Adobe. Still, might be a tip that is useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Edit] I mis-spoke. The OP and another user with the same error WERE helped. What I saw initially was yet another poster, who was going to contact Adobe, but never came back to the thread. In the case of the OP and another users, the issue was caused by having Adobe Bridge, included with other Adobe programs, like Photoshop and Premiere Pro, running. When they killed that, the installation went well.

Message was edited by: Bill Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 3:17 PM   in reply to TedCarson

Also, here is a general Adobe Installation checklist, that might be helpful, even if not directly for that error message: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3419692#3419692

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 5:05 PM   in reply to TedCarson

Ted,

Great news!

Thank you for reporting the cause of the installation issues, and what you did to solve the problem.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 5:11 PM   in reply to TedCarson

Over the years, I have seen many anti-virus and anti-malware programs cause problems with installations.

When I install almost anything, I turn OFF Norton, and also StopZilla, and just turn them back on, after the installation, unless I am going to be editing video, and when I do, I do not multi-task with e-mails, or Web browsers, so I leave them OFF for the editing session.

Thanks,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points