Skip navigation
Peteroid
Currently Being Moderated

PackageExtractionFailed error.... why now?

Apr 2, 2013 4:27 PM

Tags: #packageextractionfailed

i recently got a brand new iPhone 5, and i am using Adobe Flash Pro CS6 to develop iOS games (AIR 3.4)... i also bought into the Apple Developers Program... and got the certificate files needed to use the phone as a test device....

for the last few days everything has worked fine... i was able to upload my 51K game to the iPhone just fine... did it 3 times...

but... when i woke up this morning, i found out my iPhone was not charging... i went to an iPhone store and it turned out to be a faulty cable USB cable... so they replaced the cable, and phone charges just fine....

HOWEVER.... now every time i've tried to download my game i get this error (which only happens after about a 2 minute 'Publishing...' pop-up):

Error creating files.

Installation Error: PackageExtractionFailed.

Device Error: please check if there is enough space on the device.

my phone has gigbytes free, and app is only 51K in size... and it uploaded yesterday... a new cable should not cause this error, especialy one that works better than one i was using!

i have tried rebooting computer... turning off and on the phone... even restoring phone to factory settings... also tried different USB ports... gives me the above error every time now...

this would be weird... but the only thing i can think of is that the new cable requires me to get new development certificate (.p12 file) and provisioning profile (.mobile provision file)...

any help will be most welcome!

Replies
  • kglad
    72,357 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Apr 2, 2013 4:32 PM   in reply to Peteroid

check if the udid of your phone changed.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,357 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Apr 2, 2013 5:17 PM   in reply to Peteroid

changing the cable wouldn't do that but changing the cable wouldn't cause this problem.

on the other hand, while the apple people were messing with your phone maybe they changed something that caused your udid to change.  your udid is tied to your provisioning profile.

check the apple developers portal to see the udid you used with your provisioning profile.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,357 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Apr 2, 2013 7:25 PM   in reply to Peteroid

good sleuthing.

what's the problematic line of code?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This