Skip navigation
Kevin Grant - Erie
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Elements - resize problem

Apr 2, 2013 4:43 PM

Tags: #elements_resize

In photoshop elements 11 (mac version), resizing a picture and copy/paste into other software results in a non-resized picture. 

Tech Support person "Bharati M" shared my screen and confirmed, but says it is not a problem, that the problem lies in the receiving software.  WRONGO! 

So, try it.  1) Open a picture  2) resize image size 3) select and copy 4) open other software (in the case Microsoft Word) 5) Paste.  Picture pasted is whatever size the margins allow. 

Also, this worked in my previous version "Photoshop Elements 8", but doesn't work in current version.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2013 9:19 PM   in reply to Kevin Grant - Erie

I tried it on my windows machine and it seems working fine for me. Also the size of the image on screen is defined by the number of pixels in the image and not by the image dimensions you see on the screen. To confirm this try pasting the image from Elements into some other software such as paint (or some other software from which you can save the image) , save it as a jpeg and then open it back in elements. Then check the "Image Resize" dialog box for this image. The pixel dimensions for this image would be same as the previous image although height/width and resolution might be different. It will not matter since height/width and resolution only comes in picture when you print.

I don't have PSE8 to try it on ,  but I thing that if you try the same workflow with the same image with PSE8 , the result will be same.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points