Skip navigation
Undefinedz
Currently Being Moderated

how to make a jiggly/bouncy camera

Apr 3, 2013 3:22 AM

Hello! i am 15 years old and i am already starting for a "portofolio" (not sure how to say it in english) for my school i want to go next 2 years, i am enjoying adobe products like photoshop and after effects,

i am right now working on a "kinetic typography" video, but i am wondering how to make a jiggly/bouncing camera like in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOa07NIkW7U at about 0:15 to 0:17 and 0:24 to 0:26, (it happens alot in the video)

Thanks alot!

-Luke

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 6:49 AM   in reply to Undefinedz

I can't see the video, only thumbnails at 1-second intervals.

But one way to do this is to apply a wiggle expression controlled by a slider to the property you want.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 7:21 AM   in reply to Undefinedz

Hi,

The best idea is to google "adding camera shake after effects".

There are several noce tutorials there. Some use the "Wiggler", some add real camera shake into the footage.

Good Luck

Pierre

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 10:08 AM   in reply to Undefinedz

These are not generic wiggle or bounce effects. I have a bunch of expressions that I use to add bounce to a move. I think that's what's going on here. They help a lot. I have created a personal library of these custom effects and saved them as animation presets. Lots of them are based on the in and out point of a layer so there's no keyframing involved at all. I just create a text layer, position it where I want it to end up and apply my fly in from the left and drop out preset. I then adjust the in and out point of the layer and I'm ready to move on to the next part.

Click here for my fly in bounce drop out preset. Save it to your AE User Effects and presets library, and try applying it to a 2 second long text layer. Adjust the look with the sliders. When you build something you like learn how to save it as a preset and you will be well on your way to building a library of tools that will save you a ton of time. I've got more than 200 of these just for motion and the list grows with every project.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points