Skip navigation
HakanErn
Currently Being Moderated

"Replace with After Effects composition" in PP CS6 causes crash in AE CS6

Apr 3, 2013 7:17 AM

Hello,

When I right click on a movie-file in a Premiere Pro seqence and choose "Replace with After Effects composition" AF starts, it asks me what I want the file name to be, "save" this and go on. I can see the interface for a short while, then it crashes and closes. In PP I get the error "The importer reported a generic error"

I have the latest versions of both PP and AE, downloaded from Creative Cloud.

What can I do to solve this?

By the way - when clicking on an audio track, "Edit in Audition" is greyed out... Problems with Dynamic link?

Regards,

Håkan

WIN7, 16 GB RAM Intel Core i7 920 @ 2,67GHz

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 9:23 AM   in reply to HakanErn

What kind of footage? That's the first thing I'd want to know. Sometimes a codec can be very problematic. Other times it can be the length of the shot or the other layers you are adding to the AE comp. We need a little more info to provide anything but a guess.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 11:19 AM   in reply to HakanErn

What is your disk setup? Any chance you're using an external drive?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 11:49 AM   in reply to HakanErn

Sounds like dynamiclinkmanager error. Try to deactivate and then re-activate the Suite. Also don't hesitate to manually delete all files from your Media Cache Database in both

C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache

and

C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache Files

folders. Report how it goes.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 4:24 AM   in reply to HakanErn

Well, with your 'update' we are at the Rick's first guess. There are quite a few bug reports in PrPro Forum about Canon MXF files in CS6. Most of them should have been fixed with latest updates though.

If you can properly import your MXF files into PrPro (hope you know you should copy the whole folder structure on your HDD) and play them back there with no issue, but can't do the same in AE, then file a bug report and try to transcode your source footages into a production codec of your choice as a workaround.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points