Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Vector Image raterizes when importing/placing

Apr 3, 2013 8:02 AM

Tags: #vector_file #placed_image

Good Day

I have literally started using InDesign today.

Now when I Import/Place a vector file (logo) into the page, it rasterizes. Why is it not keeping the vector properties such that it will never rasterize?

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 8:09 AM   in reply to DexterDave

That's not the usual behavior for InDesign. What is the File Type for the logo? How are you determining that it has been rasterized?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 8:09 AM   in reply to DexterDave

What format is the vector logo that you think is being rasterized by InDesign? What makes you think it is being rasterized? What do you see in Acrobat if you export PDF?

Note that if you place non-editable content into InDesign, what you see on-screen depends on the settings you have for such content which by default is not for the highest quality.

- Dov

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 8:38 AM   in reply to DexterDave

I suspect what you are seeing is the default "Typical" quality screen preview, which will be awful.

View > Display Performance > High Quality Display.  (This is still a raster preview, but it will look much better. ID outputs the vector data as vector, not raster, as lng as the link is up to date). YOu can set this as the default viewing qualaity in the application prefs.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points