Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS2 - Can't select points with direct selection tool

Apr 3, 2013 8:25 AM

Tags: #missing #handles

Noramlly in CS5 and any other version of Photoshop or Illustrator that I know of, if you click a point in an object, it will show the handles for transforming the line. As I'm creating something today, it works for a while and then stops. Yesterday I had the same problem. I drew a few things and then suddenly, the Direct Select Tool is not showing any transform handles.

I can get them to show if I can click and drag a box over the point, but this is slow and doesn't work well for layered art. I already tried resetting my illustrator preferences. Any other ideas?

EDIT: Also, in CS5 there's a simple icon that you can click to convert the currently selected point from a curved point to an angled point. Is there not such a thing in CS2?

I ask because at work I only have access to CS2.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 8:34 AM   in reply to iamgregor

What happens when you hit the A key? Do you get the white arrow?

Try also hitting Cmd (/Ctrl)+H to get edges to show.

The Convert Anchor Point tool is under the Pen tool.

Click and hold on the tool for a moment until it shows up. You can then tear it off if you like by grabbing the right-pointing arrow at the right hand end of the tool’s menu.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 10:33 AM   in reply to iamgregor

Gregor,

Sometimes Illy gets distracted an confused when others start intruding. The usual suspects are listen in Item 7 in Other options .

You did get rid of the preferences while Illy was alseep, no?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points