Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame 10 crashes when I save book as HTML

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2013 Apr 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Frame version: 10.0.2.419

I open my book and choose File > Save book as... , choose a new folder location, and HTML as the type.

I get prompted to add formats to the catalog. Why that's happening I'm not clear on; whether I choose to add them or not does not affect whether Frame crashes. I get output, but based on other postings and the fact that Frame crashes generating it, I'm not wholly confident of the result.

Any advice out there?

Thanks.

Mary

Event viewer entry:

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          4/3/2013 10:52:35 AM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:    <removed>

Description:

Faulting application name: FrameMaker.exe, version: 10.0.2.419, time stamp: 0x4e9eb00f

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x000ce6c3

Faulting process id: 0x1c48

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce307ab42abec8

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker10\FrameMaker.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 1e201599-9c6e-11e2-b202-60d819bebeab

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-04-03T14:52:35.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>372994</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>  removed  </Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>FrameMaker.exe</Data>

<Data>10.0.2.419</Data>

<Data>4e9eb00f</Data>

<Data>ntdll.dll</Data>

<Data>6.1.7601.17725</Data>

<Data>4ec49b8f</Data>

<Data>c0000374</Data>

<Data>000ce6c3</Data>

<Data>1c48</Data>

<Data>01ce307ab42abec8</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker10\FrameMaker.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll</Data>

<Data>1e201599-9c6e-11e2-b202-60d819bebeab</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Mary,

You may not get much response on the Save as HTML feature in FM...It's basically unchanged since the emergence of the Tech Comm Suite, which included FrameMaker 8.

You'll find many alternative methods for producing HTML and Help, including RH with the TCS, MIF2GO, Flare, and WebWorks products.

I have the TCS, with a maintenance contract, so RH is the logical, lowest cost, and integrated choice for my output.

-Matt

Matt R. Sullivan
co-author Publishing Fundamentals: Unstructured FrameMaker 11
P: 714.960.6840 | C: 714.585.2335 | matt@mattrsullivan.com

@mattrsullivan LinkedIn facebook mattrsullivan.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt, thanks for your reply.

I'm not too worried because hopefully using the Save as ... HTML feature is a short term solution and I won't have to do this on an ongoing basis.

But it's not very good form to have the product crash when you use a shipped feature, so who knows, maybe they'll be able to use the info I provided somehow.

Thanks again Matt,

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried doing some lorsum text with one of the “factory” templates and see if it chokes on that? Maybe the issue is in your content…

If FM’s HTML output was so great, people like Jeremy over at Omnisys (Mif2Go) wouldn’t have a livelihood ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mary,

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f

Exception code: 0xc0000374

The error that you indicate (STATUS_HEAP_CORRUPTION introduced with Vista) also happens in other applications and may be due to some other interactions with Windows, device drivers and FM. In some cases, faulty or old printer instances are suspect (you're using Adobe PDF with FM, right?), USB connections (mikes, headphones, etc.), corruption of the ntdll itself (but I'd suspect that you'd be seeing lots crashes then) or it could be the older parts of FM (i.e. the HTML generating code) not playing nice with Win7.

To test if it's something other than Win7 (FWIW, saving as HTML works just fine on my Win7 64-bit system), try opening up the Ecology book sample found in the FM10 Samples\Overview\Book folder. Open all of the files and then do a SaveAs HTML for the book. It's pre-configured to do things properly for this. If this works, then I suspect the issue is either in your content (as Jeff suggests) or perhaps in your HTML mapping tables.

Also, your statement of a prompt to add formats to the catalog table suggests that you have some overrides to deal with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2013 Apr 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Some time ago someone had reported that all files in your book must have an HTML mapping page on your reference pages, if you want to save a book as HTML. I do not remember, if all the mapping pages must even be the same.

I do not remember who had reported this and whether the circumstances are similar to yours. However, I would just check, if all of your files and specifically the first one have HTML mapping pages.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines