Skip navigation
hans backer
Currently Being Moderated

CS3 question

Apr 3, 2013 10:18 AM

Trying to reinstall CS3 which work until it asks for disk "Adobe Illustrator CS4" which I have missplaced, it will not allow me to finish download without it.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 10:22 AM   in reply to hans backer

Is this some kind of a suite as otherwise makes no sense as CS4 a generation in the future from CS3.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 10:37 AM   in reply to hans backer

These should all be seperate action, so not having CS4 illustrator should not have any effect on CS3 or PE6. 

So is the question "how do I reinstall Ilustrator CS4 without a disk?".  Do you have the serial number?  Did you register it?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 10:44 AM   in reply to hans backer

Your comments are so short I can not tell what you want or have done.  What does this mean?

CS3 twice

Elements 6 once

Adobe Illustrator CS4 once

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 10:56 AM   in reply to hans backer

OK, I am done playing games, if you want help you need to answer questions and provide enough information to help you.  As I asked before what does CS3 twice mean?  What does CS3 have to do with CS4 or PE6?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 11:11 AM   in reply to hans backer

OK, thanks for that, it does make it clearer, but - - .  It makes no sense that it would ask for disks of different programs.  You must be doing it wrong.

In reinstall CS3 it should only ask for CS3 disks.  If this was an upgrade disk you will then have to type in S/N of qualifying product, probably CS2.

Same procedure for install PE6 and CS4.  You said you do not have disks for CS4 Illustrator so lets deal with each installation seperately and deal with that latter.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 12:28 PM   in reply to hans backer

10 min. after you post and no pictures.  Use the camera icon in reply box for uploading images.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 12:55 PM   in reply to hans backer

No.  You need to make a screen save the click the camera icon and then browse to location you save screen shot.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 12:57 PM   in reply to hans backer

If you are using e-mail option not sure how that works.  I use just the forum view.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 1:45 PM   in reply to hans backer

Never did see any screenshots.  At least for Bridge CS3 was the worst edition.  What OS and spec. are you using.  CS6 takes quite a bit of computer power to run well.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 2:15 PM   in reply to hans backer

I feel like we never got to the real issue.  If CS3 worked for you no reason it can not be reinstalled if a legal copy, have the disks, and it is not installed and activated on 2 other machines.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 2:16 PM   in reply to hans backer

I am going outside to work, but there are many others here that know more than I which can help you.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points