Skip navigation
fiacono425
Currently Being Moderated

Alignment on multiple artboards

Apr 3, 2013 10:15 AM

Tags: #help #align="center" #artboard_problems

The document I am working on has two artboards (front and back of a document) and I am trying to center some text on the artboard. The issue that I am having is that when I try to align something to center on the first artboard (the left one) it moves it off that board and aligns center on the 2nd artboard (the right one).

I have about 10 other files with this same set up (two artboards, multiple text boxes) and have never had an issue with alignment. As long as "align to artboard" is selected Illustrator never moves the text box to the other artboard to align it.

Please help! Thanks in advance!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 11:29 AM   in reply to fiacono425

It could be that you're just stumbling across an astonishing speciality of Illustrator. For example, in AI CS5, you may do the following steps.

1. Create a document with 2 artboards

2. On artboard 1, draw a filled rectangle

3. Leave artboard 2 blank

4. Select the rectangle on artboard 1, then Shift click on artboard 2

5. Deselect the rectangle on artboard 1 by clicking somewhere on the scratch area (outside the artboard boundaries)

6. Marquee select the rectangle not only by touching its boundaries but also by completely surrounding artboard 1

7. Do an Align to artboard

Would you now say that the result is exactly as expected? Would you think that marquee selecting (as described in point 6.) instead of just clicking on the rectangle should make a difference in that situation?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 2:56 PM   in reply to fiacono425

Not sure what you mean by "clicking Select + O", can you please explain? DI you mena shift + O?

You need to use the artboards palette to highlight your destiantion artboard.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points