Skip navigation
leslie6
Currently Being Moderated

Need help! Can I run Bell Internet Security Services Jobs if I have Dreamweaver installed in my PC?

Apr 3, 2013 10:52 AM

I installed Dreamweaver into my PC. Dreamweaver seems to work fine. However, Dreamweaver runs automatically when I run virus scan using Bell Internet Security Services. How can I stop Dreamweaver from running and gaining control over Bell Internet Security Services' virus scan job?

Message was edited by: leslie6

Message was edited by: leslie6

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 11:15 AM   in reply to leslie6

That's odd.  Have you reached out to Bell Internet Security about this?  It sounds like their program is triggering DW for some reason.  I don't really know what else to say because DW shouldn't open automatically.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 11:26 AM   in reply to leslie6

Does anything actually open in Dreamweaver (a text file or something in code view), or is it just turning the program on?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 1:00 PM   in reply to leslie6

Ah.

You might need to change the file association for whatever file type the report is in. Looks like DW is the current default handler.

If DW is set as the default program to open that specific file type, that would make sense as to why it is opening when you ask to see the report.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 1:09 PM   in reply to leslie6

I've never heard of an issue between the two.

This likely isn't really a Bell or DW issue though. I'm guessing if you find out the file type for the report you are trying to see, DW will be your Operating System's default program for it. When you right click the report file and choose Open With, is Dreamweaver listed first?

For what it's worth, these forums are essentially User to User forums. Up until very recently, you would be hard pressed to find any actual Adobe employees here.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 1:15 PM   in reply to leslie6

On a PC, you right click the file and then choose Open With. At the bottom of the Open With Menu, there will be a Choose Default Program option. That will open a list of possible programs to open that file type. Click the one you want to use and from then on, that file type will be associated with the program chosen by default.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 1:19 PM   in reply to Jon Fritz II

What is the filename of the Security report, do you know?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 1:41 PM   in reply to leslie6

So DW is configured in your operating system to automatically open *.xml files. You would need to follow Jon's suggested procedure to disable that association.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 2:39 PM   in reply to leslie6

You can always give it a try.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers