Skip navigation
matt.m
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot save GIF effects?

Apr 3, 2013 11:23 AM

Tags: #file #photoshop #saving #cs6 #gif

I'm using photoshop & I when I try to save a fading text, it won't show up when I click preview. But when I play it on the timeline window, it shows up. When I try and save it and open it to the file, it doesn't show. It's like it's missing. Everything else is shown, but the fading text is not shown. Anyone have an idea how to fix it? :c

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 12:10 PM   in reply to matt.m

What do you mean by "fading"?

Remember that GIF is an indexed file format that only supports 1 level of transparency (it either shows, or doesn't).

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 6:54 PM   in reply to matt.m

As Chris said, GIF is very limited. If you have too many colors, you may simply exhaust all avialable colors in the 256 color palette and not havbe left any reserve for all the inbetween steps that would be required for a proper fade illusion. yopu can of course try to use less colors, enforce a manual palette or play with the various dithering modes, but it will never look like your timeline. Simple color math... Even a 5 frame fade would in most cases generate already more than 256 discrete colors, even if you already made sure your source images had reduced color palettes with only 32 colors.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points