Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 crashes on startup "starting up service registry"

Apr 3, 2013 12:29 PM

Tags: #cs6 #mac_os_lion

I'm in Day 6 of my InDesign CS6 trial and I can't seem to get the software to open. It doesn't matter whether I'm opening a document or if I'm opening the software by itself. It reaches "Starting up service registry" and gives the error "Adobe InDesign is shutting down. A serious error was detected. Please restart InDesign to recover work in any unsaved InDesign documents."

I'd like to see a resolution to this as I'm evaluating the software for future use in a production environment.

Here is the error log:

http://pastebin.com/ExBshWkF

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 12:57 PM   in reply to K Buis

I've been looking through the Knowledgebase, and it appears that there can be quyite a few causes for this, including bad fonts or corrupt user accounts. Your report is actually a hang report, not the crash, so I'm not even certain it's related, and I can't make sense of hang reports anyway.

Try making a new user account on the machine and log in with that to see if ID works in a new account. That, at least, may give us a starting point.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 1:18 PM   in reply to K Buis

OK, John Hawkinson is really our crash expert, but he hasn't been real active here in the last few weeks. The log indicates a protective shutdown, though, and I believe there should be a protective shutdown log someplace as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 2:33 PM   in reply to K Buis

I don't think it caught anything useful.

Try the new user account....

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2013 6:20 AM   in reply to K Buis

Did you ever figure out a solution to this problem? Having the same issue myself, at the same point in the loading process.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points