Skip navigation
DFredland
Currently Being Moderated

How do you enter previous backup location when making incremental backup to external hard drive?

Apr 3, 2013 11:41 AM

Tags: #elements_10

On Elements 10, I tried to make a supplemental backup to my external drive, but could not complete the process. The screen would not accept my entry of the file where I had made the last backup.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 12:09 PM   in reply to DFredland

Where did you take the first backup? On the same external hard drive?

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 10:52 PM   in reply to DFredland

You will have to Browse for the Previous backup files, locate the containing folder and highlight the Backup.tly file corresponding to your first backup. For an incremental backup, a new location will have to be chosen.

I would also recommend seeing http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/making_increment al_backups.

Let me know if you face any issues.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,810 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 4, 2013 12:33 AM   in reply to DFredland

Simply create a new folder on the external hard drive for the incremental back-up. Make sure you give it a date. If you ever have to restore you start with the last increment back-up and work backwards in date order, finishing with the full back-up.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2013 10:39 PM   in reply to DFredland

Are you able to locate Backup.tly file in the 'Previous backup file" field using the Browse button? Are you sure that the first backup was of this very catalog?

Please share a screenshot of the issue since it shouldn't reset the "backup path" field upon locating the "previous backup file".

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2013 10:59 PM   in reply to DFredland

For a moment leave the Organizer part, navigate to the folder 'PSE backup (date)' from the hard drive and search for a file backup.tly. Are you able to find this file. If this file isn't there inside the folder, probably your backup isn't complete.

~Andromeda

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2013 12:14 AM   in reply to DFredland

Yes. you probably need to to look for Backup.tly file in your first backup.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points