Skip navigation
JR Dungan
Currently Being Moderated

Blurry titles when exporting from interlaced to progressive?

Apr 3, 2013 11:50 AM

I have a project which is DV PAL (720 x 576) and needs to be exported as a progressive H264 mpeg file. The video looks good in the export, but the titles are blurry. I just did a test and exported the project interlaced, and titles were fine. So the problem is clearly the transition from interlaced to progressive. Is there any way to get crisp titles in this situation?

Using Premiere CS6. Have tried exporting to progressive with several alterations to the title clips (reversing field order, always deinterlace) with the same result.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 3:32 PM   in reply to JR Dungan

What are the specs of the media and the sequence?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 3:38 PM   in reply to JR Dungan

Hi JR Dungan,

How about you create a new progressive sequence, and then copy paste all of the content of your current interlaced sequence into the new progressive sequence, and export from there.  I haven't worked with interlaced footage for years so I don't know for sure if this will help or not, but since it's quick and easy to do, it's worth a try.

Cheers!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 1:36 PM   in reply to JR Dungan

Glad I could help JR Dungan!  Please select my first response and mark it as 'Answered' so that other forum users know your question was answered.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points