Skip navigation
hetvagg
Currently Being Moderated

Change in Organizer photo import functions?

Apr 3, 2013 12:00 PM

Tags: #organizer

I have a set of master files, each containing a fairly high number of subfiles in a fixed order. Each subfile contains a number of photos, also in a rigidly fixed order. The whole thing is a botanical archive. Formerly I used Organizer with great success: all subfiles with their photos appeared in the catalog in exactly the right order. Now something bad has happened, there is no more a division of the content of a masterfile into subfiles and all photos under a master file appear in a hopelessly mixed order. Worst of all, all my old catalogs have also been corrupted. Can anybody help me, or am I forced to conclude that the Organizer has suddenly become useless for my purposes?

Kurt N.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 12:07 PM   in reply to hetvagg

Which version of PSE you have?

Also, what type of files are these?

Can you please share a screenshot of the Organizer windows pointing where the problem is?

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 10:56 PM   in reply to hetvagg

Please see if selecting "Newest" or "Oldest" from the Sort by dropdown reverses the order of these files to your requirement.

This dropdown will be present in the top left corner of the media grid.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 11:30 PM   in reply to hetvagg

You laptop should not be a problem.

One thing I still don't understand is that- What type of files are these that contain subfiles?

Do you mean "folder" containing "files"? That's why I asked for a screenshot of the app window.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 12:16 AM   in reply to hetvagg

Okay now I get it completely.

In PSE11 there are two views of folders. Flat folder view which you are seeing upfront and the other is the folder hierarchy view (same as in PSE10). You can switch to Folder tree view by pressing Ctrl+T or by clicking on the small icon net to "My Folders" label in the left panel.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 1:09 AM   in reply to hetvagg

Is the order correct when you look at the folders etc. in Explorer. Since it occurred in PSE 7, prior to you conversion to PSE 11.  I suspect something else happened. Please check Explorer and let us know what order is showing there.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 1:11 AM   in reply to hetvagg

If you mean alphabetic sorting then in PSE11, this is not present. You may create an album out of such folders and custom order your images within the album using Sort by album order.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 1:28 AM   in reply to andaleebfatima1

andaleebfatima1 wrote:

If you mean alphabetic sorting then in PSE11, this is not present. You may create an album out of such folders and custom order your images within the album using Sort by album order.

Thanks

Andaleeb

That's what I think.

The default display order in PSE11 is by date. When in folder view, you can display in newest, oldest or import view order. You also have an option in the menu edit / preference / general tab, to show oldest or newest first within a day if you are in newest first.

If you want to create a slideshow from a folder, the quickest way is to right click on the folder and create an instant album. As suggested in the above post, order and select your files manually within the album by moving them around in the browsing space. This creates a custom order which is saved with your album for further use.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points