Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Acrobat Distiller 9 Error - Cannot Print PDF

Apr 3, 2013 2:01 PM

Tags: #printing_pdf #distiller_9 #error_5 #acrobat_9.5.4_pro

When I try to print PDFs from any browser or piece of software, try to open Distiller directly, or even scan to PDFs, I receive the following error:

Unable to create the temporary folder.

Error: 5 - Access is denied.

distillererror.jpg

I have had no problems until Monday with this.  I did not install any new software.  I have done the following:

• Scanned the computer for Malware (Malwarebytes) - 0 threats found
  • Scanned the computer for regular virus/registry issues (AVG 2013) - 0 threats found
  • Repaired Acrobat 9 PRO installation - no change
  • Rebooted multiple times - no change

My computer runs Windows 7 64-bit, and I have Adobe Web Premium CS5 (which comes with Acrobat 9 PRO).  I currently do not have access to the installation discs, as I just moved.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 7:05 PM   in reply to nierielimladris

Do you still have access to the standard TEMP folder on your system. The driver writes a PS file to the TEMP folder before calling Distiller for the final conversion to your desired file location.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 5:25 AM   in reply to nierielimladris

They are just that temporary files that are in a temp file are supposed to be destroyed as soon as the application is through with them.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 5:28 AM   in reply to Phillip Jones

The TEMP folder that is actually used isn't likely to be C:\TEMP. That is probably created by some very old program not using recommended ways of working.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 5:29 AM   in reply to Test Screen Name

Try using Windows key + R or Start > Run and typing just

%TEMP%

including the percent signs. This should open an explorer view of the actual folder.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 9:14 AM   in reply to nierielimladris

I just had the same problem (see my thread for more details). I have no idea why it just stopped working. I have Acrobat Distiller 10 - I had to locate the temporary folder "Acrobat Distiller 10" (spaces included), delete it, and replace it with a new folder with the same name. Somehow, although the permissions were set properly, the folder wouldn't allow new folders to be made. This worked for me, good luck!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points