Skip navigation
robertv8102
Currently Being Moderated

Preserving PDF links and actions created in Acrobat after editing in Illustrator

Apr 3, 2013 1:59 PM

I created an interactive PDF in Acrobat from an Illustrator file saved as a PDF.  It's basically an interactive prototype that simulates dropdown menus, highlighted selections and navigation between screens.  Using the Link Tool, I set layers to appear through the layer visibility action, and certain layers to toggle through javascript.  Since the prototype is evolving, however, I have to periodically make minor edits to it in Illustrator.  Once I make an edit and save the PDF again, when I open up the saved document in Acrobat, all the link tool actions are gone.  This is highly frustrating because most of the edits take just a minute or two in Illustrator, but I have to re-create all the links in Acrobat when I'm done, which takes a very long time.  How can I make minor edits in Illustrator while preserving the action elements I created in Acrobat?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 2:15 PM   in reply to robertv8102

Sorry, but Illustrator is not designed to work that way. It can open a PDF file but ignores all scripts and interactive elements.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points