Currently Being Moderated

Import clips from another project

Apr 3, 2013 4:32 PM

Tags: #help #premiere_elements_10 #import_sequence_

How can I edit parts from an old project into my current project

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 5:36 PM   in reply to Peo Thisner

There are several answers to this question, and they depend on what one has, and what they wish to do.

If the Clips have been edited in another Project, then there are two choices"

1. Export/Share from that Project, to a format/CODEC, that can be easily Imported into an new PrE Project. Just Export/Share, then Import that output file.
    2. If one wants the Clips in their original edited form, one would need to use a ClipBoard Extender, such as ClipMate. One would Open the original Project, Select those Clips, Exit, then Open the second Project, and Paste.

Now, if those Clips are wanted in their raw form, they can be Imported into the new Project, just like before.

Good luck, and please let us know all of the details about what you have, and what you want to do.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 6:16 AM   in reply to Peo Thisner

This way may not the be best, but haven't been able to find any other solutions and this is just for a basic SD, 4:3, with combined video, stills and music.

For my 'two cents', I have been using the following method:

Basically, I created a project with all the transitions and effects wanted, c/w menu markers and tiles. When satisfied with each chapter, I then exported the individual sections (work area bar only) to a new folder as avi files, naming them same as the scenes in the DVD menu.  Then under a new project just added each of the avi files to the timeline then adding the menu markers and names between each section.  The DVD burns quite quickly this way too.

Then if I decide to change any part of it, or add media etc,  I can then go back to the original project and edit that particular section - then re-save it over the old avi, subsequently importing it to the second project again.

This method may, (and likely does) cause some degradation to the video quality, but I cannot see the difference when viewed on a 60" LED TV.

Plus, I noted that in the excellent video tutorials, the files on the example timelines are avi.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 5:46 PM   in reply to Peo Thisner

I tried to open an old project and copied a part of the timeline. Shut down the project , opened a new project and tried to paste the sequence of clips into the new timline, but it did not work.

Without a ClipBoard Extender, such as ClipMate, this will not work, as you discovered.

Explore ClipMate, or similar, or one of the other workflows mentioned.

In PrPro, which uses Sequences (multiple Timelines in one Project), one CAN Copy/Paste between Timelines. With PrE, with only one Timeline (no Sequences), that is just not possible, without going outside of Adobe, for an add-on, like ClipMate.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points