Skip navigation
lenhix
Currently Being Moderated

Creative Cloud Lightroom unable to update from 4.3 to 4.4

Apr 3, 2013 8:14 PM

Tags: #update #creative_cloud #adobe_application_manager #lightroom_4.4

I am currently on a Mac and my Adobe Creative Cloud Application Manager (AAM) is having some issues. 

I ran the update this morning when I heard that camera raw had been updated.  The updated completely successfully for camera raw. 

AAM is showing that my current version of Lightroom is 4.4.  When launching the Lightroom application it is still showing that it is 4.3 and that the update for 4.4 is available.  I checked the application manager in OSX and it shows that the current version is indeed still 4.3. 

Since I am using creative cloud and not stand alone products, I thought that the AAM would update my programs and why is the AAM not updating my Lightroom from 4.3 to 4.4.  Is it because camera raw updated and it is erroneously reporting that Lightroom has been updated?

I have never used a beta or RC version of lightroom on this computer, only final products and updates that have been provided with creative cloud.

Is Lightroom a program that you have to manually update outside of creative cloud application manager? That doesn't make sense to me since it is one of the programs included with the subscription and was installed with the application manager.

My hopes are that I'm not the only one having this issue and by posting this Adobe becomes aware of this.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 8:23 PM   in reply to lenhix

I just updated.

Download the update directly by opening up lightroom and hitting the check for updates button.

You have to download the entire LR 4.4 file  (400MB) and just install it over your exisiting 4.3.

Everything should update properly, worked for me and I have a cloud subscription as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 8:54 PM   in reply to lenhix

I'm having the same problem. Lightoom seems to be the only app having trouble. Why have an application updater if you have to manually downlaod and install every time?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 10:56 PM   in reply to thegator1111

Yes, same issue here. It is a bit annoying that Adobe has not integrated LR fully to their Creative Cloud package. I would have really hoped that the AAM would be the hub for installing and updating all Creative Cloud applications. The new Camera Raw update for Photoshop works ok from AAM.

And I have a faint memory of having recognition problems when LR was installed outside AAM...

It would be nice if someone from Adobe could report the official update procedures - even if it would mean doing a manual update outside the AAM. It seems to be next to impossible to find any documentation on this anywhere.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2013 5:53 AM   in reply to lenhix

I have the exact same problem. AAM shows Lightroom as version 4.4 and up to date but when I launch Lightroom it prompts me with the update. Guess I'll have to install it manually. Hope this will be fixed for the next version.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 2:10 AM   in reply to lenhix

I seem to recall the same procedure during the previous incremental update. The Lightroom team needs to talk more to the gentlemen working on AAM. Also delta updates would be nice for these large applications.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points