Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

"Edit original" problem

Apr 3, 2013 10:50 PM

Hello. I have used Photoshop 7 and Indesign CS4 for some years. I just did a reformat and reinstalled them. My problem is, when I want to "edit original" image, whereas it USED to open the image in Photoshop, now it opens in another image program. How can I make Indesign open it in Photoshop, like it used to?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 11:34 PM   in reply to wojtczak

[Moved the discussion to InDesign Forum]

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 2:55 AM   in reply to wojtczak

Edit Original uses the file type association in the OS to choose the program that will open.

If you tell us the OS we can tell you how to fix the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 3:35 AM   in reply to wojtczak

Let's see if I can remember what the Dilaogs look like in XP

You must be logged in with an account that has Administrator priviliges. Open Windows Explorer and show the menu bar if it isn't already, then click the Tools menu and choose Folder Options. In this dialog, click on the File Types tab, then scroll down to the extension for the image type you want to change and select it. You should be see a box that has and "Opens with" listing and a "Change" button which you should be able to click to open a dialog to allow you to pick another program. You may have to browse tothe Photoshop directory and pick the Photoshop.exe from this dialog if it doesn't appear in a list.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points