Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe's NAB sneak preview page up

Apr 3, 2013 9:37 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2013 10:11 PM   in reply to Evil Edison

Thanks all for your thoughtful feature requests, bug reports, and overall passion for the community. You all made a difference. More to come.

Let me know if you have questions.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 10:12 PM   in reply to Evil Edison

Thanks E.E.! I agree.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2013 10:32 PM   in reply to Evil Edison

Outstanding and really excited about the next version!  The speedgrade addition will be fantastic although I'm more stoked about the CUDA/OpenGL/GPU improvements.

Was there a release date mentioned?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 6:18 AM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

There's some great stuff here which makes me very excited. And as ever the "sneak peek" just begs more questions!

Are you able to elaborate on

Improved Mercury Playback Engine

More editors can now enjoy real-time performance when working on complex sequences, thanks

to expanded GPU support. Leverage enhanced, cross-platform support for OpenCL and CUDA.

Render less often, work faster with third-party effects, and face deadlines with greater confidence.

Will the MPE performance be the same for OpenCL as for CUDA? If so does this mean that Radeon cards become viable alternatives to GeForce ones on the PC?

and

Multiple GPU export support

Rendering and compression just got a whole lot faster. Adobe Premiere Pro now takes full

advantage of computers with multiple GPU cards to significantly accelerate export times.

Does that also include cards like the GeForce GTX690 which are effectively two GPUs on one card?

Thanks very much Kevin.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 6:34 AM   in reply to Evil Edison

These announcements used to fill me with concerns over the costs of the upgrades, can I really justify the expense, how important are the changes to my workflow, etc.

Now that I have the Creative Cloud it is just another set of downloads and a learning curve. No extra expense. So, all I have now is a sense of excitement and anticipation. Let me tell you, it is much more fun!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 8:32 AM   in reply to Steven L. Gotz

God I hope they refined the "mouse" trimming in the timeline!  This zooming in all the time is really annoying!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 8:43 AM   in reply to tclark513

We've expanded our OpenCL support to include our full GPU renderer on new PC Radeon cards.

Multiple GPU support for export does include the GeForce GTX 690.

We've made tweaks to mouse trimming to make the clip selection area bigger relative to the trim handles to reduce zooming.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2013 3:34 AM   in reply to Evil Edison

Kevin's Blog Post about the next version contains a lot more detail.

It's here:
    http://blogs.adobe.com/premierepro/2013/04/the-next-version-of-premier e-pro.html

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2013 8:21 AM   in reply to Mark Morreau

Here's the next best source of information I've found for what's coming up in PP (with a few items not specified in Kevin's list, such as ability to control zoom setting in Source/Program monitors using keyboard shortcuts, and a Feather setting in the Crop tool. Yeah!!!): http://www.creativeimpatience.com/nab-special-release-premiere-pro/

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2013 6:01 PM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

"Customizable number of Undo levels"

Halle-feakin'-lujah!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2013 6:28 PM   in reply to Kevin Monahan

"Adobe has embraced the support of DNxHD in its various formats and wrappers, especially with MXF. Not only is this codec supported, but it can also serve as a preview codec in certain sequences, and it features smart rendering – rendered preview files can be used during export, thereby reducing the “Adobe render tax”. Personally I’m going to embrace the DNxHD workflow in my projects, and I don’t intend to ever look back at QuickTime with its problems."

Nice!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points