Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Color Picker bug (using SHIFT key)

Apr 4, 2013 12:48 AM

Hello,

I got Creative Cloud. After some updates of CS6, my color picker picks color only by using regular left button click. Unfortunetely if i want to pick color for stroke from fill using SHIFT key+click (so it doesn't pick up the whole apearance) , it will pick the color in color panel but it wont change the color of the object (stroke in this example). I cannot pick colors from bitmaps, can't pick colors for gradients using shift, can't pick colors for fills from strokes and vise-versa, can't pick just the color of fill if there is stroke-fill object.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 4, 2013 8:00 AM   in reply to OrcusDei

Is your item grouped? You may have a stroke assigned at the group level, but have the item selected at the path level.

Screen Shot 2013-04-04 at 9.56.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-04-04 at 9.56.08 AM.png

The end result of this is a blue stroke, I clicked on contents to get the second screenshot.

Also try not to use shift eyedropper in illustrator, the color slections look right, but are far from accurate. That samples colors using the screen preview, and the end result might look ok, but usually black & CMY are traded off for example.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 31, 2013 6:50 AM   in reply to OrcusDei

You might not believe it, but listen. It's been bugged since LAST DECEMBER, and the fix's been released ONLY for mac version(and that was january).

Maybe they are busy dev'ing new CC system so have no time for win version fix? ha.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points