Skip navigation
EuanP
Currently Being Moderated

Error message when trying to edit a menu in Photoshop.

Apr 4, 2013 7:27 AM

Tags: #error #menu #encore #photohop #cs6 #message

Hi,

Having a horrible time with Encore. The latest niggle is with a menu I want to edit in Photoshop.

It's a simple four button menu with a single highlight created inside Encore. It has an animated background created in the usual way. When I try to select "Edit Menu in Photoshop" I get the following error message:

"Unable to execute script at line 0. photoshop is undefined"

I've searched the internet, found no refernce. Updated all my CS6 apps, problem remains.

Any help would be appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 4, 2013 9:44 AM   in reply to EuanP

Hello,

That is quite unusual.  Usually both programs connect to each other accurately.  I was even able to use and older version of photoshop (i.e. cs5) and have encore cs6 link up to it.

Is your photoshop installation in the same directory as encore?  Like "Program Files > Adobe > Encore / Photoshop"  Are you using the 32bit version of photoshop or 64bit version?  And what about Encore?

And can you also provide a screenshot of the error?

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2013 10:50 AM   in reply to bigmanfontu

Hi, I'm having the same error. Here's a screenshot of the problem. I work in my iMac with OsX 10.7.4 16 gb RAM Intel Core i7. And I have installed Encore CS6 and Photoshop CS5 and CS6. PLEASE HELP!Captura de pantalla 2013-06-11 a la(s) 12.48.49.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2013 11:19 AM   in reply to Zeroniietzschess

Not promising.... The is the only thing Google finds on this error. Nothing in Photoshop forum.

All you have installed is Encore CS6 and PS CS5 and CS6? No other CS6 or CS5 apps?

Has the "edit in photoshop" function in Encore been working for you?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2013 11:49 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

I have the complete CS6 suite. But just Photoshop an Illustrator from the CS5 suite. Before installing CS6 I uninstalled all components of CS5 suite, but Photoshop and Illustrator. The 'Edit menu in Photoshop' button worked perfectly before.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points