Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

No Bonus for PRE / PSE 11 ? Will Elements 10 Content Work?

Apr 4, 2013 12:11 PM

Tags: #missing #content #elements #10 #11 #discs #bonus

I just upgraded from PRE / PSE 10 to version 11. I noticed that there doesn’t appear to be any bonus content discs. I just have a couple of questions:

1. Since I’ve completely uninstalled Version 10 and installed version 11 am I missing out on any additional content from the bonus disc?

2. Can I re-install the Elements 10 Content disc on top of my Version 11 with no repercussions?

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards.

Sean C.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 4, 2013 2:15 PM   in reply to seanc821

I think there was a shift in Adobe strategy.  It is now assumed you have an internet connection.  So when you need the bonus content, like an animated graphic, it downloads on demand as you place it on the timeling.

If you right click on a animated graphic, there is an option to "Download All".

Bill S

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 2:12 PM   in reply to seanc821

In PrE11, some of the bonus content such as menu backgrounds will download from Adobe when you select them for your project, assuming you created an ID with Adobe.  It's the same with some of the effects and I believe these can be identified by a ribbon in the upper right corner of the image thumbnail.  Those with no ribbon are contained in the program.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 4, 2013 5:53 PM   in reply to seanc821

Sean,

As others have stated, that Additional Functional Content is now available on-line only. However, there are two ways to handle it. One can select to download ALL of it to the computer (what I did, and had two cups of coffee, while it all downloaded), or just acccess the Internet, and get what is needed, when it's needed.

For me, the storage space was not an issue, and I wanted everything on the machine, though I also have PrPro and Encore (with a bunch of similar Additional Functional Content), plus PrE 4 with all of its Additional Functional Content. I still have 150GB of free space.

While I personally like the "old fashioned way," with the Additional Functional Content being on the installation disc, I can see the point in having most of that Internet-accessible, especially as many have gone with tiny SSD's for their C:\ recently, where they have almost zero drive space.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2013 6:51 AM   in reply to seanc821

You are most welcome.

Happy editing,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...