Skip navigation
Trey Porte
Currently Being Moderated

Web Banner with Video: How to start a flash animation ONLY after .flv is finished loading.

Apr 4, 2013 2:19 PM

Tags: #actionscript #flash_cs5.5

Hi,

I am making a 10 sec. web banner and am required to use a video that is on an external server. I had no problem getting the video file converted, uploaded to the external server and it is now playing back perfectly after exporting the .swf file.

The problem I am having is that my animations (mostly text items, which are placed very carefully throughout the .flv movie) aren't matching up with the movie's movements (due to the .flv starting later due to streaming – I am assuming).

How would I go about syncing these two things, so that the animations always line up exactly with the video's movements? Something like a preloader would be totally fine. I've also read about 'Cue Points' but they seem to be a little unnecessary for what should be a simple 10 sec. banner.

Also the .flv itself is exactly 10 sec. long, but the banner is 13 sec. long so that the last screen (with the most important information) is shown statically for 3 sec. Should I be doing anything to compensate for this other than simply adding the 3 sec. in the timeline in flash, and letting the .flv restart when the entire .swf starts looping?

Replies
  • kglad
    72,229 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 4, 2013 3:40 PM   in reply to Trey Porte

use cuepoints in the video to sync your swf movieclips/timelines with your video.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points