Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

scaling a nested multicam project

Apr 4, 2013 3:17 PM

I did a three camera shoot with all the cameras set to 1080p and will be outputting to 720p. I would like to fix some shots, (mostly tighting by scaling) if possible, but not sure how to properly set up the sequences for scaling  without losing quality. I haven't started yet but this is the process I am thinking.

Create a 720p source sequence.

Scale down the source sequence from the effects panel to 67%

Create a 720p Multicam Destination sequence

Nest the source sequence into the Multicam Destination sequence.

While editing the multicam sequence when I find a spot that I want to tighten go back to the source sequence and scale up but keep it under 100%

or this

create a 1080p source sequence

creae a 720p multicam sequence

nest the 1080 sequence into the 720 sequence and scale down with the effects panel

during editing scale up inside the multicam sequence (staying under 100%) where I want to make adjustments.

I know the  best method is to frame properly during recording but unfortunately it didn't work out that way.

I would think keeping my scaling under 100% would prevent loss of resolution but maybe I am wrong.

Is there a better method of doing this or is it not possible to nest and scale multicam footage without losing resolution?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 5, 2013 7:18 PM   in reply to m0rr1s3

Go with the first method.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 11, 2013 9:09 AM   in reply to m0rr1s3

Actually, now that I think about it I should have recommended the second method.  This will allow you to scale up only that section in the multicam that needs scaling, because any scaling you do in the original sequence will get applied to every edit in the multicam sequence.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points