Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Question about roll and crawl.

Apr 5, 2013 12:29 AM

Tags: #importer_api

I developing a title's importer plug-in for Premiere Pro CS6.
I have a question about roll and crawl of Premiere Pro SDK.

1.A function to acquire the duration of the clip in the timeline.
  I want to set for the user in the time line on the duration of the roll(and crawl).
  I hope for a method same as the duration setting of the roll(and crawl) which I made by a standard title in Premiere Pro CS6.

2.Is imImageInfoRec.isRollCrawl supported?
  It has been set to 1 imImageInfoRec.isRollCrawl but, selector of imRollCrawlRenderPage and imGetRollCrawlInfo is not called.

3.About a value of inFrameTime of imGetSourceVideo when I set imImageInfoRec.noDuration = imNoDurationStillDefault.
  Because I wanted to do duration setting without a limit about roll(and crawl), I set imImageInfoRec.noDuration = imNoDurationStillDefault.
  However, inFrameTime of imSourceVideoRec receiving in imGetSourceVideo becomes the unidentified value.
  In this case, please teach a handling of inFrameTime value.

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2013 12:10 PM   in reply to H.T

Hi PenPen,

1. The way roll/crawl clips work in PPro is that they automatically adjust to the duration of the clip in the timeline.  An importer sets imImportInfoRec.canDoContinuousTime = true.  Then in imImportImage, when it is asked to provide a frame, the importer checks the imImportImageRec.pos, which should give the time position in between the start and end of the roll/crawl from in to out (0 to 1000).

So generally for a roll/crawl, the import doesn’t know the exact in/out points in the timeline, but rather the time position between the start and end of the roll/crawl.

2. These selectors added in the past when real-time hardware manufacturers would supply a player plug-in along with their importers.  The built-in player in Premiere Pro does not use imGetRollCrawlInfo / imRollCrawlRenderPage, so these selectors are not going to be called if you are just developing an importer.

3. As mentioned above, to do duration setting without a limit, you'll want to set imImportInfoRec.canDoContinuousTime = true.

Regards,

Zac

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points