Skip navigation
IKER UNZALU
Currently Being Moderated

Rode Podcaster, doesn´t work in premiere cs 6 Why??

Apr 5, 2013 1:13 PM

Hi, I bought two years ago a podcaster and i have record successfully a great number of locutions with an iMac in final cut 7.

Actually I have changed the edition program and now i have the iMac with the adobe premiere cs 6, mac ox lion.

The problem is that the premiere does'ent recognize the rode podcaster.

the problem is with premiere because in preferences of mac the mic is recognized.

What to do in premiere cs 6??

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 5, 2013 12:26 PM   in reply to IKER UNZALU

Welcome to the forum.

The Rode Podcaster is a USB mic, and PrPro can have issues with those - some work, but many do not.

Do you have a non-USB mic. (1/8" connector), to test with, by plugging it into your computer, either on the sound card, or the MoBo with an embedded audio chip? That would be my first step.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 5, 2013 4:44 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I agree with Bill.  USB mics are iffy with PP.  Pick yourself up something like a Sure SM-57 and plug that into the machine's mic input.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2013 4:23 PM   in reply to IKER UNZALU

Having the same problem just now. FC7 has no problems with the Podcaster but Premiere CC sees the mic but will not let you enable record on a channel.

Come on Adobe pick your freakin' game up. We all pay heavily for this piece of "professional" software at least get the basics right.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points